Save Our Songs in Jan-Feb 2023
During four weeks, we will work on your performance (= preparing to record) of a new work from the Stone&Tara Songbook for Choirs. ‘Mein Wald’ is a freshly composed (November 2022!), beautiful and poignant work for a capella choir in the Lied tradition of early-nineteenth-century Romanticism. We will use the version for SAA choir (high male tenors welcome as the A2 part is quite low). You can listen to the official release video of the song below:
This is how it works
The end product of the Save Our Songs workshop is a video clip with your voices in it. All participants record their voices at home, and the recordings will be mixed into a virtual choir. Of course this is a project in which we want to work together as much as possible! So we will spend three Sunday afternoons together, preparing, singing, learning about vocal technique and German pronunciation, studying the score, work individually etc. etc. Dates are 29 January, 5 & 19 February, 15h00 – 17h00 CET.
Save Our Songs is
- An inspirational small ensemble project
- New, freshly composed music
- Three Sunday afternoon themed workshops
- Workshops include vocal technique, in-depth study of the music
- Training to reduce stress when recording your voice (i.e. when performing!)
- Improve your singing technique & confidence as a singer
- Keep in shape vocally without leaving your home
- Participation in final audio recording
- Project duration 4 weeks in total
What are the requirements?
Any singer who can hold a tune and has some note reading experience, is welcome. Also, you need to be a bit adventurous as recording your own voice is an interesting process! Read here what participants have said about this.
How much and how do I pay?
The Save Our Song projects cost only € 75. Upon subscription you will receive an invoice.
Where do I sign up?
Please write me an email and tell me a little about your vocal activities up to now. I’d love to hear from you! email@example.com